James Ash hosted an energetic session where FEO members bared their souls and their experiences, bringing the real world into business with a twist with only 30 seconds to speak on the following hashtags.
- your staff are your best assets
- always check your recruits’ references - they may not be who or what they say they are
#sleeplessnights - when you’re woken up at 4am, write down what is keeping you awake
- Not a bad thing - if you’ve got a big enough idea that keeps you awake, do something about it!
- It takes balls to set up on your own, putting money on the line does give you sleepless nights but you’ve just got to bear with it
- Eat those frogs
- If you don’t believe you’re the best, just pretend you are
- Just say yes even if you don’t know you can do it
- Act as if you’re the person you want to be
- Just F****ng Do It JFDI
- Fake it til you make it
- Bank managers love you until they lend you some money and then they don’t like you at all!
- Get a long-term loan instead of an overdraft
- Get to know your bank manager and keep talking to him/her
- Tell the bank what they need to know!
- Don’t always do what the bank manager says - listen to your heart
- Would you give your bank manager a job in your business?
#RecessionDepression or #AliveandKicking
- Go with your gut and make the changes
- Adapt to thrive
- A recession can be a great time to start a business
- Don’t be afraid to increase your prices
- Read books about successful people, they tell you how to do it
- The moment when you find out your staff can do the job better than you
- Let go to grow
- Becoming a member of FEO
- An idea to deliver a residual income
- Fake it til you make it - just be sincere
- Don’t do it - you’ve got a job for life, don’t leave it!
- Reduce your price (very bad advice)
- Not taking any risk in life or business is a risk in itself
- You can make yourself unemployable by becoming self-employed
- Don’t put it off
- Everything we do is a risk
- Putting your house on the line
#ClaimtoFame or #MadeItMoment
- Demonstrating digital artwork to Prince Philip who had no idea what it was!
- Invite to the 50th Anniversary party at The Playboy Mansion
- Serving Gloria Estefan in a US restaurant in peddle pushers
- I’ve got the biggest balls in the room! (Sally Wray overheard someone say that about her)
- To be successful you have to be a bit of a chameleon
- Adapt to survive - the landscape is always changing