Session 2 from FEO’s event at The Business Day
Example: Netflix offered to buy Blockbuster and were turned down so worked quietly in the background and is now a multi £billion company, where is Blockbuster?
So, what is disruption and how does it affect you as a businesses, organisation or social enterprises?
- New World Order - it doesn’t have to be a new product or service, instead have you got some innovative ideas about how your business works?
- The working week - 9to5 - is it obsolete? Large corporations enable their teams to be flexible
- Are you a morning person or a night owl? Know which you are and work at your optimum time of day
- Monday to Friday - is this relevant anymore and does it still work for you and more importantly, your team?
- Do we need to have an office base if we can log on from anywhere in the world?
- Perhaps there is still a need for an office location to develop a company culture and to inspire a creative environment
- If you can’t make the change you want in the organisation you’re working in, go find another one!
- Failure is a key to success - learn from it
- Set yourself a challenge now! Have the courage to do what you want to do
- Not every successful business has to disrupt. BUT you do need to be ready for a competitor coming in and moving you aside
- Always remember it’s about your customers - satisfy their needs and you’ll be in a good place
- Your workforce is your life-blood - empower your leadership teams
- Do what you need to do to survive and thrive or your business will die!